Mathieu wrote:

yes, it's because a Gentoo compiles everything or almost. To be able
to link against a shared library, libtool leaves a *.la file, which
contains the reference of a libstdc++.la it was compile with.
In fact, yous emotion/eclair build seems to stop at such a point. In
/usr/portage/sys-devel/gcc/files, there is a script (fix_libtool.sh or
such) which lets you fix your *.la files. You have to run it for any
not installed compiler you ever installed :)

I've tried the fix_libtool.sh script ( and yeah I've used it before ).
Doesn't seem to help in this case. Not to worry. It's a pretty low
priority for me at present, considering it compiles perfectly with
gcc-3.4.4.

Dan