On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:52:36 +0200 Bu Bacoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hello
>
> I do sometimes need to work on a shitty MS platform. In that case I use
> BlackBox on Windows, instead of default explorer.exe window manager (
> http://www.bb4win.org). When in linux, I always prefer E17, it is small,
> quick an beautiful.
> What do you think about something like porting E17 to Windows platform?

that depends what you mean by "for windows" as i gather bb4win is like
litestep, windows blinds etc. it actually is a WINDOWS app and changes the look
of WINDOWS - it isnt an x app.

what has been tried before is to get E17 to run within an xserver under cygwin
(thus it still manages ONLY x apps) but this wont' work because e is too
complex for cygwin to handle (the simple answer).

what you, i think, are after, is a native windows wm version of e17. ie a
explorer shell replacement built from e.

the answer: no. won't happen. simply no chance. not a single dev will spend the
time on this. we dont USE windows. we dont develop for it. we frankly, don't
care. it is NOT worth the effort. now if some other develoepr wants to port e
libs to windows (NATIVE - not under cygwin) and then go build a explorer shell
replacement using them - sure, go for it. we will accept patches as logn as
they are clean and dont make the code a jungle of #ifdef's and make pain for us
on the unix side, but we won't be doing this ourselves at any point in the
future i can dream of.

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)