On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:50:19 -0500 Jesse Luehrs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:39:30 -0500
> Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I would really like to see newly opened programs get placed just
> > below the stacking layer of whatever window has focus at the time...
> > this would prevent, say, a firefox window from stealing focus if I
> > was typing in a gaim window while it launches (I hate it when this
> > happens).  Thoughts?
>
> An option to not allow windows on desktops other than the current to
> grab focus would help with this for me (typing in gaim while waiting
> for the password dialog in sylpheed is irritating)

note: sometimes apps LITERALLY STEAL the focus - they pop up a window then they
SET the focus to their own window - explicitly. there is nothing a wm can do
about that really as the dee has been done by the time the wm knows about it.

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)