On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:28:17 -0400 Dennis Nezic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> > On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:45:02 +0900,
> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:35:01 -0400 Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > babbled:

> > > the bug _still_ persists =|. i'm wondering why more people don't
> > > complain about this bug. perhaps click-to-raise isn't a popular
> > > option? or, more likely, there is something more peculiar about my
> > > setup.
> > >
> > > in any case, are there any new insights as to why this might be
> > > occurring .. in particular, why is it that mixing in a few
> > > keystrokes amid the button presses (mouse scrolling) fixes the
> > > problem?
> > >
> > > also, it seems that it is the scrolling caused by my mouse that is
> > > the source of the problem .. and not the scrolling caused by the
> > > scroll wheel on my keyboard, even though they produce the same
> > > button-press events. i have a usb logitech internet navigator
> > > keyboard (which is actually a usb hub with a keyboard and
> > > 'mouse' (scroll wheel)), and a usb logitech optical wheel mouse.
> > >
> > > how is it that the same event can cause a delay if it comes from
> > > the mouse, and no problem if it comes from the keyboard(hub)?
> >
> > just to check... get xev out - and scrollwheel on xev - do 1 click of
> > the wheel and see how many button down events u get with the mouse,
> > and then the keyboard scroller wheel :)
>
> they both seem to produce the same output in xev, both mouse
> scrollwheel and keyboard scrollwheel, both during regular scrolling and
> stuttered scrolling. the only difference being the abnormal time delays
> between events.

that's bizarre. i know of no reason why e would delay differently to the same
event - as it sees it it gets the same x input for the button (is this the
case? does the keyboard wheel generate button press 4, button release 4 /
button press 5, button release 5)? if e is getting the same event - it will
respond in the same way. can you include some output of xev (when not runing in
e17 or disable click to raise or click to focus) for the 2 wheels so i can
compare them? (letting me know which is which) ?

> [if you meant actual clicking, clicking the mouse wheel
> (button 2) produces a normal single button press, while the pressing
> the keyboard scrollwheel is not recognized.]

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)