On 10/12/05, Anshuman Gholap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[SNIP]
>  Using Fluxbox for months and months and kinda bored with it. I dont
> feel like installing X behemouths like Gnome/Kde (using ubuntu/gnome
> on my laptop) here. E17 not only is small light but stunningly
> beautifull too. so i am waiting for its final release :) (dont wanna
> get my server down crashing it by installing alpha/beta/cvs apps).

Dude seriously. You keep asking the question about whether E17 is
stable several times now. Privately, mailing list , my mirrors
handlers and so on. How many people does it take to convince you?
Malcom already told you that he would install it in his brain if he
could. :)

It IS stable for the last time. Instead of asking questions and doing
surveys, why don't you simply install on your box? If you're scared
get an old PC and install it for a month (even a shorter amount of
time will convince you! ), and see for yourself.

Take risks man. If it wasn't stable nobody would dare making repos for
E17 or having so many sites and people dedicated to it. Don't you
think so? We don't live on software that will blow up our box. And as
David mentioned, please read the FAQs.

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.