On 10/26/05, Shish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:33:01 +0200
> Andreas Volz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I get this if I start skippy:
> >
> > > skippy
> > X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private
> > resource denied) Major opcode of failed request:  33 (X_GrabKey)
> >   Serial number of failed request:  90
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  90
>
> That means something else has already grabbed the key that skippy was
> planning to use (IIRC it uses F12 by default, and e16 has already
> grabbed F12 as the "switch to desktop 12" key, or something like that).
> Using a different key (I have KP_Enter) works fine.

This was long time back. But as far as I remember I think I used
e-conf and liberated the F12 key. And everything worked normally.

But for E17, well I didn't have any luck making it work. I get:

FATAL: WM not NETWM or GNOME WM Spec compliant.

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.