On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 20:12 +0100, Kim Woelders wrote:
> > if exist .e16/Shutdown
> >    for all files in Shutdown do
> >       if -x then execute it
> >   end
> > fi
> >

> > This is common practice for KDE and ROX which I know. Not a gnome
> > person, but I am sure it has it too.
> >
> > Just my $0.02. Thanks for your effort and support.
> >
> I have considered doing this, but multiple display/screen setups would
> have to be handled in some way. e.g. by using .e16/Autostart-0.0/ etc.,
> and I'm not sure that would make things much simpler in the end.
> It would also add some extra complexity to e16, and I think that
> complexity could just as well be implemented in some external script(s)
> doing what you suggest. Maybe providing a sample script would be useful?
>
> /Kim

How about a cmd option for a shutdown script
misc.session.cmd_init = /home/peter/.e16/startup.sh
misc.session.cmd_start =
misc.session.cmd_reboot = reboot
misc.session.cmd_halt = poweroff

maybe add:
misc.session.cmd.shutdown for cases when e is exited back to a console
prompt? It should be the last thing run just before X is killed. Would
that work?

As for examples, here is what I use for startup.sh. This works great!

#!/bin/sh
# E startup script
xscreensaver-command -exit
xscreensaver -nosplash &
rox -b Default &
gkrellm2 &
kgpg  &
kopete &

If I had a shutdown script, it would be what I normally use in kde:

#!/bin/sh
# routine to knock out evolution and other properties
killall -15 gconfd-2
killall -15 bonobo-activation-server
killall -15 evolution-data-server-1.2
# and this is needed for e: now kill kde stuff
kdeinit_shutdown
dcopserver_shutdown
artsshell -q terminate

Right now, this is scripted after e exits.

Thx
--
Peter