On 11/29/05, Florent Thiery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe it's only a problem of antialiasing... I had some trouble recently
> with fonts; i even had to try the cvs of gtk (1), supporting
> antialiasing... Now everything's ok; what happens inside your apps don't
> concern e17, because e17 is merely a decoration (from the point of the
> app). If it's evince, then it's gtk2.. so check your X11 fonts :)
>
> I hope i'm not wrong on these points ^^

You're not.  I recently moved to evince and absolutely love it as a
pdf reader.  However, text selection by dragging your mouse makes the
app crash.  But it scales the file really well when you resize the
window.  With large files full of images, however, it tends to be
really slow but i think that's less of evince's problems and more an
issue with the underlying library it uses to render the pdf (can't
remember it's name but xpdf uses it).