I get this too.  Typically you have to kill the program when it's
iconfied and then click on it in ibox.  This causes a pretty much
immediate segfault of E17 for me.  This happens a lot to me when I'm
debugging a program in Eclipse.  If I iconify the application I'm
debugging, then terminate the debugger, then click on the icon in
ibox, E17 faults.  Obviously this is a pretty special case but I guess
it's an easy way to replicate this error and debug it.

Start a windowed application using gdb, iconify the window, exit gdb
once you hit a breakpoint, then click on the icon in ibox.  E17 should
segfault.