I had this issue too. You have to be real patient and sit back and
wait for the thing to come up.  It took like 3-4 minutes when I
finally sat around long enough to make it work.  Change it once and
never change it again!  If there's any widget that will offer a better
solution (textbox or 3 drop downs?), the person who wrote it might
want to think about redoing it.  Of course, I don't know anything
about the E17 widget library so I'm just blowing smoke I guess.

As for un-enabling the module, I have no clue.