Interestingly enough, someone told me that you CAN do the "gvim blah.txt" or "firefox http://google.com". the reason i thought you couldn't was because I was trying to do "firefox www.google.com", which isn't legal.

tab completion would be nice, but i'm actually happy with it right now.

-Andrew

On 1/14/06, Hisham Mardam Bey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/14/06, Ildar Sagdejev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 13/01/06, Andrew Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > While I love it, I was wondering how difficult it would be to make it
> > possible to feed arguments to programs that you load with it (such as
> > "firefox www.google.com", or "gvim ~/file")

This can be done, but I dont know if raster has it as somehting he's
like to do / have in there.

> Either that, or maybe if tab completion worked in Exige that would
> work pretty well.  I've noticed when you type in the name of a
> programme it actually shows the icon.  Try typing "gaim" or "Eterm",
> for example.  It's pretty sweet :)

Exige isnt used within E any more.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey