at the risk of being told no one cares ;), i'll throw this one out there: could all you module writers out there please throw the version number into your "About..." output?

i realize that such brilliant, dashing, handsome individuals as you guys all are probably have tons of better things to be doing, but if you ever find yourselves with round tuits, it'd be nice to know to be able to check there without having to go rooting around in my ~/src folder, trying to figure out if i've even snagged the latest copy, let alone built and installed it, yet. that directory is a trainwreck.... please don't make me go there!

   TIA.