Hello,

there is a minor feature in e16.8 (using e16.8.1-0.02). I'm having xterm.png for normal button appearance and xterm_hilited.png for hilited state. xterm_hilited.png is just the same as xterm.png, but with borders around the original picture. So when mouse pointer passes above the xterm button, border should appear around it. But it doesn't if composite is enabled in E config (while without composite, it does appear). A little more playing shown, that with composite enabled, places, that were transparent in xterm.png are not redrawn (if the pictures were completely different, one could see that originaly not transparent pixels in xterm.png are redrawn by pixels from xterm_hilited.png correctly).

thanks,
Pavel

PS: This is my button definition just for case there is something wrong:

__BUTTON __BGN
    __NAME ICONBAR_MYXTERM
    __ICLASS ICONBAR_MYXTERM
    __ACLASS ICONBAR_MYXTERM
      __KEEP_ON_TOP __ON
      __USE_SIZE_OF_IMAGE __ON
      __MAKE_STICKY __ON
      __SHOW_BY_DEFAULT __ON
    __X_ORIGIN 0
    __Y_ORIGIN 0
    __X_PERCENTAGE 0
    __X_ABSOLUTE 160
    __Y_PERCENTAGE 0
    __Y_ABSOLUTE 964
__END

__ACLASS __BGN
    __NAME ICONBAR_MYXTERM
    __TOOLTIP_TEXT "DESKTOP ICON"
    __TYPE __TYPE_NORMAL
    __TOOLTIP_ACTION_TEXT "X-terminal"
    __BUTTON 1
    __EVENT __MOUSE_RELEASE
    __ACTION __A_EXEC xterm
__END

__ICLASS __BGN
    __NAME ICONBAR_MYXTERM
    __NORMAL "buttons/images/xterm.png"
    __HILITED "buttons/images/xterm_hilited.png"
    __CLICKED "buttons/images/xterm_clicked.png"
__END