On 5/11/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:52:50 +0200 muzzle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On 5/11/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 May 2006 19:04:55 +0200 muzzle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
> [...]
> > > Speaking of which: I can't roll up (shade) a window when it's
> > > maximized, is it a "feature" too?
> >
> > yes. that is explicit. you maximized the window. maximize is trying to give
> > the maximize behavior you would see in windows for example (as thats really
> > where maximize cmes form as windows users seem to love to maximize
> > everything)
> >

> I don't get it :(
> I maximize a window because it's my main focus, that does not mean
> that I never need to look at another window ever. And when a window is
> maximized the fastest way to look at another in the background is to
> minimize it (but then I'd have to look for it in the "tray" and
> maximize it again) or to quickly shade and unshade it...
>
> Is this just an issue with the default theme or is it just impossible
> to shade a maximized window? If it's the second option I beg you to
> reconsider it and leave the users (aka me :) a way to configure this.

it's not impossible - it's explicitly not allowed in code:

if (!border->is_maximized) shade_window();

it literally has extra checks to stop the shading if its maximized.

mhm, that's what I was thinking too, "impossible" as "not allowed in code".

Would you consider making it configurable (ie let a theme specify if
maximized windows can be shaded or not)?

I thought enlightenment was all about customization, or are there any
other reasons to avoid it?

Bye,

Emme

> [...]
> > The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 裸好多
> > Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)
> >

> Bye,
>
> Emme
>
> --
> "Aspetto un'emozione sempre piu' indefinibile" (CCCP Fedeli alla linea)

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)

--
"Aspetto un'emozione sempre piu' indefinibile" (CCCP Fedeli alla linea)