On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:14:51 +0800,
   Stafford Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 00:09:37 +0900 (JST)
| Yasufumi Haga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|
| > I'm trying to compile the latest ecore on my system
| > running 2.4.32 kernel, but it fails because there's
| > no symbol like `EV_SYN', `EV_FF_STATUS' or `EV_PWR'
| > in my system. They seem to be defined in a kernel
| > higher than 2.5.x.
| >
| > Following to the info in E-users ML archive, I specified
| > --disable-ecore-evas-fb option and
| > --disable-ecore-fb option to autogen.sh to compile
| > ecore successfully on my 2.4.32 kernel system.
| >
| > Is it a proper way? Are there any other solutions?
| > ...except for upgrading the version of the kernel:)
|
| This is the way that I am getting around this problem.  I am also getting
this error and I am using the a late kernel 2.6.28.

| The real problem is that the person who added the fb changes did not
correctly setup the configure.in to make sure builders have the required
headers before building the fb code.  I suggest that for now we just set fb to
OFF by default in the configure.in.

| Does anybody object to turning off Ecore_FB by default until someone fixes
the configure.in? Of course it could still be enabled by doing
--enable-ecore-fb.

It sounds good to me :)

---
"Thank you for telling me the truth."  --- HAL9000 in "2010"
 Yasufumi Haga   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 http://homepage3.nifty.com/peterpan/
 fingerprint:0EFA 299A BC32 7D68 1FEF  BA2B 804E 9B15 C4F0 F9F0