On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:20:15 -0700, John Meissen wrote:

>> e16 has a nifty feature which allows regular bash scripts to be run on
>> startup, restart, and shutdown. This differs from e17 in that you don't need
>> to create eap files.
>
>> I have an script in .e16/Init that reads:
>
> Peter,
>
> If I may ask, what version of E are you running? I've got 0.16.7, and
> I don't have a .e16 directory. I have a .enlightenment directory.

As David wrote, 0.16.8 changed a lot. There's a readme about it included
in the latest sources which you must read if you're migrating from 16.7.
Migrating is highly recommended!!!

> What you describe is exactly what I need, and core docs are few and far
> between, particularly with regard to e16. So far I have no clue how to
> specify a script to run at startup

16.8 solves all your woes. There's also a readme about the scripts,
setting them up, and running them with rox in particular.

> <sigh> Somehow I seem to have lost the menu for the integrated help
> applet, too. Although I expect once I get some time that will be a
> little easier to track down.

E menus have never really solved a lot of problems! ROX is great on top of
e.

Under e17, you will lose the panel and pinboard from Rox since they cannot
work right. However, all other rox functionality, such as mime type
associations, app launching, DND, etc. seem to work OK. DND between ROX
and e17 widgets don't seem to work right though (for example, dragging an
icon into a menu create item does not work), but I'm still testing.

--
Peter
+++++
jabber: pete4abw at jabber.org