On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:35:56 -0400 Reid Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Re-posting to users ( earlier posted to web by mistake).
>
> Marked and applied all updates( ubuntu LTS dapper ) -- resulted in
> broken right and left desktop menus -- Favorite Applications and
> Applications menus display as empty. ( also reset the taskbar
> configuration - this is not a major issue though ).  Configuration
> Panel/Applications does show all my eap files, and shows the appropriate
> eap files for the menus.  The menus just show as (No Applications) when
> I right/left click on the desktop.
>
> Looking for steps to remedy these issues????

we are hacking up application support all over the place right now - you will
just need to sit and wait for it to settle.

> also, attempting to install E17 fails with the error below, after which
> is listed the dpkg listing of the versions that I have installed.
>
> e17:
>  Depends: emodules (>0.16.999) but it is not installable
>  Depends: eutils but it is not going to be installed

what fool made e17 depend on emodules? i hope to hell these are not the
e_modules i think they are... and depend on eutils? as in e_utils? what kind of
packaging is that? we provide sample packaging info for a very good reason.
please direct your issues to the package maintainer - we wash our hands clean
of such modifications beyond the base source we ship.

my suggestion - do NOT use those packages. i smell extreme badness.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dpkg -l emodules0-all
> |
> Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                              Version
> Description
> ++
> +-=================================-=================================-==================================================================================
> ii  emodules0-all                     0.16.999.032+cvs20060904-0ubuntu1 A
> dummy package for installing all modules for E17

> Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                              Version
> Description
> ++
> +-=================================-=================================-==================================================================================
> ii  eutils                            0.0.1+cvs20060903-0ubuntu1 A collection
> of utilities for use with E17 and EFL apps. [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$
>

> Selecting previously deselected package entrance.
> (Reading database ... 199656 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking entrance (from .../entrance_0.0.1
> +cvs20060903-0ubuntu1_i386.deb) ...
> Setting up entrance (0.0.1+cvs20060903-0ubuntu1) ...
> dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute post-installation script: Exec
> format errordpkg: error processing entrance (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  entrance
> A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
> Setting up entrance (0.0.1+cvs20060903-0ubuntu1) ...
> dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute post-installation script: Exec
> format errordpkg: error processing entrance (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)