On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:51:23 +0100 Luca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi all!
>
> Just two question:
>
> I installed e17 (cvs sources updated yesterday); window manager is kdm
> (started manually with kdm from the command line); when starting
> enlightenment it outputs that enlightenment is started directly instead
> of (I don't remember exactly).

read the dialog - follow the instructions. kdm is your problem :) e ships an
enlightenment.desktop with the correct commands to run.

> Second one: when starting Firefox from e17, pointing (example) a russian
> linux site: the title of firefox displays various [squares] instead of
> characters but the page is displayed with Cyrillic characters well, no
> squares or anything else. Is it a problem of mine, exists patch or what?

you need to change e's font config to use sans instead of bitstream vera and it
should work. its just a matter of the default font config not suporting every
possible font character.

> Thanks in advance,
> Luca

裸好多