On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:15:18 -0500 Ravenlock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On 03/19/2007 12:37, Jackson! wrote:
> > sorry, I guess I was unclear.  what I meant was that I recall in the past a
> > commandline option existing for starting efm (something along the lines of
> > "enlightenment_remote -start-efm" or something like that, but I can no
>
> I don't believe there is such a creature.  Though I could be wrong.

there isn't. efm in e17 is still experimental - i recently changed it's
back-end to be a separate process that does all the disk io and ipc's to e17 to
avoid io "lockups" (when you have a slow fs like nfs, afs, or a slow cf/sd/usb
storage device etc.) but i only got that partly done. i need to add back all
the file renames, deletes, copies etc.

> > longer find it.  I'd like to start efm from the command line so that I can
> > add efm@ specific paths as eapps (or whatever they're called now), so that I
> > can open different directories directly from the menu, without having to
> > bookmark them in the "files" efm view and without having to page through all
> > those menus.  Also, I'd like the commandline start option so that I can
> > program firefox to use efm instead of nautilus and/or nothing.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jackson

> >> options,
> >>>
> >> Go to the main menu... select "Files"  :)

> >> like
> >> by

> >> --
> >> Regards,