On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:38:12 +0100 ethernode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi,
>
> I use e17 at work, beryl at home. Some features in beryl deserve
> attention, and i have some questions about their partial/future
> implementations in e17:
>
> - the exposé / screen corner actions: the "cleanup windows" is
> somewhat similar to exposé, but i was wondering if effort was
> currently put into it in that sense. It's really something that brings
> useability to me. Especially when it allows to list windows from ALL
> the virtual desktops. Using screen corners as control also proves
> useful, any plans for it yet?

expose requires xcomposite to work - as you need pixmaps for all windows. e17
isnt using these extensions, and wont. tats off in e18 and beyond land.

> - another feature i coul'nt make work perfectly on e17 is the mouse
> wheel on screen edge desktop switch: when your mouse is on the
> left/right, be there a window or anything, it flips linearly; i tried
> defining that in the mouse bindings apps, but i understand that the
> "border" modifier does'nt refer to the screen edge, does it? It would
> be really great to see such a feature implemented

right now there is no context for the edge flip - its specific to desktop
flipping and not generically bindable as e removes the edge trap windows if
there is no way you can flip desktops so these are hooked to knowledge of the
virtual desktop state.

> - also, about the keybindings: the key sequence discovery is awesome,
> but i'm having some trouble: i defined extra keys in an .Xmodmap, such
> as the Fn key (it's a laptop), whose presses are detected; still, i
> cannot use it as multi touch sequence, only the keypress is detected
> (i'd like to use Fn as a "win key"). The same question goes for the
> useless "Access IBM" button (thinkpad), which i remapped too. Any
> hints? Hope? :)

IF its a valid keysym when e starts - then the binding will work, once entered
- but if you xmodmap the keys after e has started - it might not work as the
keysyms dont exist yet. also u will need to map fn to a modifier key and tell x
its a modifier (win). generally speaking fn keys on laptops never are visible
to the os and are internal tot he kbd itself.

> Thanks a lot. I'm glad to go back to e17 for my daily needs ! Please
> keep up the great work.
>
> Regards
>
> Florent

裸好多