If it's not your job to educate people, shut the fuck up. Let other people
answer the damn question. We're not enthusiastic to hear your sarcasms.  And
please stop making a freak humiliation show with every single thread. You
are hampering newbies in asking questions. The fact that you learned how to
use this and that before others doesn't give you the right to nail them
down.

YOU should start by educating yourself to be respectful of others.
Everybody is learning and may I remind you that this is a fucking
USERS-LIST, so anybody has the right to ask what you call a stupid question.
It seems that nobody is bothered by newbie questions except YOU.  Yes Mr
KainX, this is no ADVANCED-LIST, so let the people inquire freely.

It looks like Amber Jean is not giving you enough fucks and that you have
too much free time to exasperate other people and make stupid comments.

--

Excalibur.

On Monday, 02 April 2007, at 15:04:03 (-0400),

Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> Michael, I think people get frustrated because you come across as
> saying "Well ya know, that's a stupid way to do what you want" without
> providing any actual education.

I generally point people in the right direction, but it's beyond the
scope of this list to "educate" people on CVS, and quite frankly, it's
not my job.  People should be willing to educate themselves and not
always feel entitled to free unlimited hand-holding.

> Jim and Charles: "cvs -CPd update" is what you want when your aren't doing

That's "cvs update -CPd"

Yes, order matters.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 "You like apples?  Yeah?  Well, I got her number!  How about them
 apples??!"                        -- Matt Damon, "Good Will Hunting"