On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:19:21 +0530 "Sayash Kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

but a catch - none of EFL does 3d (opengl) - except an opengl backend fo revas.
evas is strictly 2d. we are not doing 3d. (we have enough to do with our
limited resources). there are plenty of 3d game engines and other 3d systems
you can use if you want to do 3d. :)

> i was going through the efl docs, mainly the enlightenment design document
> and it mentioned how efl may not be the best choice for graphing
> applications (vector based drawing, etc...).
>
> i have an interest in developing visualizations for scientific applications,
> mainly interactive graphing, animated graphs with smooth transitions, using
> openGL for 3D display (think VMD http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/ ,
> rasmol) and plotting data.
>
> so in my opinion, efl makes sense when interfaces can be easily prepared
> (edje, ruby with edje) and kept separate with high speed C/C++ code at
> backend.
>
> but then again, i don't know much. so, what would be a good design decision
> here.
>
> thanks,
> sayash

裸好多