On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:23:33 +0000 (UTC) Alec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> >> I've been using powertop to reduce the number of wakeups on my laptop,
> >> and currently enlightenment is top of the list at around 4 per second.
>
> > AFIAK there aren't any patches floating around, but you can change polling
> > intevals for modules and tweak the configs, closing all the windows etc.
>
> Yup, I only have the pager module enabled, no activity and no windows aside
> from the powertop xterm.
>
> > I think the 3rd party net/wlan modules caused a lot more wakes than just
> > 4... I'm not sure how low you can go, since I can't see less than 61 wakes
> > from the radeon driver, but with e17 idle in xorg, I get 99% of the time
> > in C3.
>
> True, the ipw2100 and the usb mouse cause ~4/sec each and prevent the kernel
> from reaching C3. With both of these gone and NoDRI for the radeon driver, I
> can get the kernel into C3 state most of the time with ~6-8 wakeups/sec. Of
> this, e17 is 4/sec, hence it would be nice to find the culprit and (if
> possible) remove it.

if the mouse causes 4 interrupts/sec - this probably cause mouse events? thus x
wakeups and then e wakeups to get the events.

those 4 could be:

1. something polling - what, i don't know, but you will need to strace and/or
debug and find out. as already pointed out some modules like to poll - but most
of them its in the 1 per second or multiple seconds between polls (except
cpufreq.
2. it could be the result of an x client changing a property etc etc. like a
titlebar etc. see #1 - need to debug.
3. every 10 secs e pings x clients to see if they are alive if they say they do
the netwm ping protocol, but if you have enough windows these pings won't
happen at the same time so they will be spread out based on when the window
came up.

i share your desire to reduce this, though 4/sec is really minimal when you
think about it :)

> Regards,
>
> Alec

裸好多