On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:42:42 +0200 "Mathieu Rochette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Hello,
> Currently, enlightenment seems to used its own system to authenticate (at
> least for the lock screen). It would be nice if this can be converted to the
> system used by su, sudo or gdm.
> But I don't know if this could easily be done (?)

no it doesn't. it uses pam. i removed e's own password as it's not secure
(anyone can read your e config files and if they know how, snarf your lock
password out). entrance and e17 simply need to be extended to also use other
parts of pam that interact with things like fingerprint scanners.  feel free to
provide patches :)

> in my case the only file I had to edit is /etc/pam.d/common-auth, not a file
> per application like you seem to say and it "just work" in
> su/sudo/gdm/gksu...
>
> Thx, Mathieu.
>

> On 9/29/07, Ludger Köhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to ask, if there is a way to utilize thinkfinger with
> > entrance by configuration /etc/pam.d/entrance like gdm or xdm?
> > Also is it possible to authenticate with thinkfinger against E17 "Screen
> > Lock"?
> >
> > Thanks and Best Reguards
> > Ludger

> Il y a 10 types de personnes, ceux qui savent, et ceux qui ne savent pas...

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)