aaah,

well that's to bad I have to see how i can work around it for now :(

but:
would a rule based or config file for the the start menu along the lines of
sysactions.conf? be a clean way of going about this? enterprise shops tend
to have kiosks. and those Kiosks tend to be very locked down.
some examples, would be very limited icon sets. and very customized web
broswers. to my knowledge most shops use Windows, autologon with GPO
policys. those that use Linux hack up there own solutions. which range
from Gnome and or KDE to Fvwm etc. for example, you could just have a simple
file with rules like so:

sample:

action: hide Favorites operators
action: hide applications operators
action: hide files operators
action: hide config operators

end sample:

something along those lines, would allow the flexibility  to have entire
menu loaded by default like it is now. but also allow. admins and developers
to tweak the menu how every they like with out having to
edit e_int_menus.c and then recompile enlightenment.  this would also allow
users to "rescue" themselfs as all they would need to do to fix something is
logon to the console and remove what ever rules
they added in to the config file.

and on a larger note:  :)
something like this could also be exanded to be a larger kiosk style
framework they could be used to have E on other devices :)

/me been long time since c ..... to much scripting..... been tained by
.NET.....

-Nex6