On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:07:00 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
>
> > 2. Lets have actual weekly or monthly developer meetings - literally all-in
> > live discussions - maybe IRC? Have actual agendas in meetings. Minutes.
>
> We are doing irc meetings about xcb, and it's always very useful.

then lets (at some point soon) have some for e.

> > 4. Try an organise some annual get-together. An "E meet" (I think I'll just
> > call it "The Rave" for now - it fits with the whole E thing). So Literally
> > find a place on the planet we all can/want to go to - go there.
>
> The french developpers have already met deveral times. Actually not for
> thinking about E but for dining in a good restaurant :)

that's all good too. i know its just dinner, but over dinner i am sure you
talked code, hacking and all sorts of stuff. :) the main point is to get people
together in person to talk, share and just get to know eachother.

> > Now we also need to fix up enlightenment.org a bit - I intend to sink a bit
> > of time into solidifying some content. The Wiki has a fair bit. Anyone is
> > welcome to contribute as they see fit.
>
> imho, the enlightenment web site is not good. It's quite difficult to find
> informations. The horizontal menu is too small. In that page:
>
> http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=download&l=en
>
> the paragraph about e17 is not clear enough (there are 2 links without
> explanation. Why doing a small page to say : go to other small pages)
>
> etc...

dj2 is simplifiying it. :)

> > But the primary thing of importance is getting E17 out the door. It's
> > actually looking petty good. Only 2 really big TODO items left. I'm doing a
> > theme revamp. The Default theme has very much aged. The gold bling isn't
> > incredibly popular. I'm working on something I think people will love - and
> > it still shows off E. It will replace the current default - and will also
> > knock off some of the "comment the default theme so its better documented
> > for people to build new themes from and learn Edje.
>
> I was just wondering if it was the right time to start a new theme, which
> is a big big work.

it is a big work, but the old one just was annoying me too much. i was trying
to do graphics for the wizard and it just wasn't looking nice. everything i
tried looked like crap.