On Jan 26, 2008 7:15 AM, giggz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since 2 or 3 weeks, when I lock the screen with ctrl+l, I get the lock
> screen, but when I try to login on this lockscreen, I get an
> "authentificating" and then nothing more. I must restart X with
> ctrl+alt+del.
> I'm under debian sid. do anyone have this problem or am I alone ?

I'm having this too since I upgraded my gentoo box. PAM version is 0.99.9.0.

As Vincent said, auth sometimes works, sometimes not. syslog message
is not that meaningful (but I don't have it at hand now).

Work-around to avoid restart X, if you have root access, login using
terminal and add the following line at the beginning of
/etc/pam.d/xscreensaver:

   auth        sufficient  pam_permit.so

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri