On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Toma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/8/14 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Toma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hey folks!
>>> Heres a little thing I thought of this morning.
>>> After fumbling around for the browser window, and searching I thought,
>>> 'damn this sucks.'
>>> So here is a little script that adds google search support to Execbuf
>>> (the run commad thing that pops up when you hit Alt-Esc)
>>> ---
>>>
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>> xdg-open http://www.google.com/search?q=$1
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Thats all! Save that as 'google' then make it executable (chmod +x
>>> google) and move it to /usr/local/bin.
>>> Next hit Alt-Esc for Execbuf and run 'google enlightenment' to search
>>> for enlightenment.
>>> If you dont have xdg-open, you can swap that for 'firefox' or whatever.
>>
>> AFAIK you must use $@ or $* and quotes so it can search for more than one
>> word.
>>

> Ahh I didnt test with multiple words. *Woops!* :)
> Ill add that to the google one and all the other little scripts when I
> bundle them up and stick them on my blog tomorrow.
> Thanks again Gustavo :)

You're welcome.

But really, I'd like to see someone (/me runs...) to create something
on pair with KDE4 execution buffer, KDE3 Katapult or MacOS X
QuickSilver. Not in the sense of nice effects, but to be able to load
modules to process the input and get some sane feedback.

Examples:
    gg <keyword>  -> matches on google plugin, dispatch
    1 + 2 -> matches on calc plugin, dispatch
    non-app-name -> matches on music db (ie: amarok, xmms2,...), may
also match on bookmarks

For the brave willing to do something like that, I'm sure we can find
out some mentors. API would be something simple, with callbacks like
match(string) -> entries, where entries are a tuple with priority,
matched-plugin, visible string, callback to use on select.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems