On Monday, 23 March 2009, at 14:41:37 (+0530),
Amey Parulekar wrote:

> I don't know if this is the right place for this, but this is my first time
> mailing in a possible fix, so please point me in the right direction if I'm
> wrong.
>
> While compiling Eterm from svn, if imlib2 is not installed then ./configure
> doesn't warn anything, but make results in the following error
>
> libEterm.so: undefined reference to `imlib_free_pixmap_and_mask'
>
> So, ./configure should probably be changed to include a fix to check whether
> imlib2 is installed.

There already is one, and if Imlib2 is not found, the portion of the
code that contains calls to that function will not be compiled in.

There are two possibilities here:  Either Imlib2 was found, and
something on your system is preventing proper linkage, or you built
LibAST with Imlib2 support but tried to build Eterm without it.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)