2009/4/8 PaulTT <pau...@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:20:25 +0200 PaulTT <pau...@gmail.com> said:
> >
> >> is it possible to insert text into an icon?
> >> or also make the icon itself change some parts based on a time change?
> >>
> >> (i'd like to make up a calendar icon, with day changing)
> >
> > absolutely you can.
> >

> i was positive about it :)
>
> i already tried, but probably i'm doing something wrong....
>
> that's what i've done:
> i copied the clock_cb script into the icon's edc file;
> i assigned -for example- the value of day to a variable, let's say:

> snprintf(buf, 10, "%i", v);
> and then i invoked set_state:
> set_state(PART:"day", buf, 0.0);

hmmmm ...this seems wrong

set_state is used to set a different state (description) in a given part,
and you only
have a "default 0.0"  part. You need to use something like:
set_text(PART:"day", buf)
... don't remember the exact name/syntax...

Or you need to define 12 different states for different months, and then use
set_state accordly.