On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Andres Blanc <andresbl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Lunes 11 Enero 2010 17:54:26 Fernando Meira escribió:
> > No one willing to help or everyone lacking ideas?
> >
> > I've tried removing .e/ and starting a new setup, no change.
> > I can provide more info if it helps, just let me know what.
> >
> Even after removing .e/ all windows come up as sticky? Or you have
> to re-do step 1 after removing the folder?
>
> If this doesn't happen in a previous revision we only need to compare the
> code between revisions where the corresponding files were changed. But I
> simply cannot replicate your problem and I assume neither can anyone else.
>
> Are you positive you have no other E17 binaries (including libraries) in
> your PATH,
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH (and LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you use it).
> You can also grep ldconfig -p to look out for incorrect paths.
>
> This is common wen the user has installed e17 using an unsupported method
> in
> the past and is a common cause of problems.
>
> dresb

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I ended up not having time to experiment, but did check the library paths
and was all fine.
I re-tried again tonight after a new E17 update and found the problem.

After removing .e/ and go thru the initial setup, switching desktops worked
fine, no sticky windows anymore.
Then I loaded the itask-ng and ecomorph modules, and got back the sticky
windows. So it must be something related to these modules, most likely the
ecomorph module. I have recently tried to get ecomorph to work, but not very
successfully. I do get the transparency but not the effects.. for some
reason it was (and still is) not loading the ini plugin, base for everything
else. Is anyone running it without problems?

Fernando.

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Fernando
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Fernando Meira <fme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am having a bit of annoying situation with all windows from all
> virtual
> > > desktops seem to be in a sticky state. They show on every virtual
> desktop.
> > > I have not "read" anyone complaining about such thing, so I assume this
> is
> > > not affecting anyone else, thus not a bug.
> > >
> > > In the session before I got to this state I did two things:
> > > 1) Added 1 application to the "remember" list - something I normally
> don't
> > > do - using Window name (was GTK application or something) and Window
> class
> > > (was VirtualBox)
> > > 2) Upgraded e to revision 44889-1 (i'm running archlinux)
> > >
> > > I have removed the window "remember" options, but nothing has changed.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Fernando

Fernando Meira