Hi, today I find this problem and is something I think it happened to me
before (just never realised of it). I'm running the debian testing version
(on E repositories) under debian testing on a Lenovo T61 thinkpad with all
Intel inside (both CPU and GPU). I also run ecomorph as composite manager.
Today I plugged a second monitor and disabled the ecomorph for better
performance and I worked like this during the rest of the day. When it was
time to go home, I disabled the second screen (using xrandr). The I tried to
re-enable ecomorph, but by that moment, I noticed that a lot of disk IO was
going on (the laptop was reeeeeally slow and the disk LED was turned on [not
blinking]), I managed to go to a tty and run htop, the enlightenment process
that ussualy has 30MB  in resident memory had around 1100MB (yes, one
hundred thousand megabytes). So far, I haven't tried to reproduce this, but
I recall this was not the first time something like this happened to me

--
Wido