On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Jeff Hoogland <jeffhoogl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ah alrighty,
>>
>> I had someone wanting to use Enlightenment for a Kiosk type computer (in a
>> public setting) and doesn't want users to be able to rearrange the entire
>> desktop on him. Would adding a lock such as I describe be possible?
>
> I bet you will be better with your own set of module that will just
> fit the need of that kiosk. Like ordissimo did for their own project :
> http://marc.info/?l=enlightenment-devel&m=128837929826719 .
>
> Don't forget that E17 is fully customizable, everything run around
> some module. So you can really what you want with it.

In other words:
   - remove the configuration modules, you can do this using the GUI
(Settings > Modules) and even remove the binaries from
/usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/conf*
   - make use of Linux permissions, turn ~/.e/e/config/ read-only...
you can even make use of new FS attributes to turn on immutable bits
on files with "chattr +i".

That should give you a safe and immutable environment.  It may be the
case that for some reason E is still trying to save configuration
files and that may cause an error, we really do not test this case, so
if you find out bugs, let us know.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri