On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:59:19 +0100 (CET) Pavel Reznicek
<rezni...@ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz> said:

look at /proc/PID/fd
(PID being the pid of e). see what fd's you have - or not
and how they change over time (ls -l will show you which fd's point where).
write a script to log them often (every second?) and see if the log at the time
the problem shows up shows you anything interesting (what fd went away? what fd
appeared? etc.)

i don't see this problem at all.