On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:32:44 +0100 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> said:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Ian Caldwell <inchost...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > while your at it. Find a web dev for E.org :P maybe we should roll some
> > django like so http://djink.chrismorgan.info/ ?
>
> Yeah, that's rock to have so many people ready to help on the admin
> part of the job, but I am sad we didn't get that much answer from web
> designer :"( Common guys, I am sure some of you can do that !

that's actually the biggest problem. admin stuff pretty much any of us can do -
developers included (tho devs would rather be doing code). web design and
simple devs CAN do too.. but thats time spent NOT on EFL or E. :)

in the past the drupal/joomla/mambo's etc. of this world have not proven to be
that useful since we have svn and skills to build pretty much any back-end we
like. if anything they have gotten in the way.

but i'm amazed we dont have a gaggle of people who know php or something AND
can do nice design jumping all over the site. our site code is open... it's in
svn. it's even managed from there and actually doesn't need any special infra
like mysql db's etc. so u can actually just check it out and "run it locally"
if you want (if you have a local apache + php).