I was doing a fresh install, compiled fine, but e wouldn't start complaining it
couldn't find a Sans font. googled for an answer, looked at evas/config.h,
found:

/* have fontconfig searching capabilities */
/* #undef HAVE_FONTCONFIG */

Changed the second line to:

#define HAVE_FONTCONFIG 1

and recompiled/installed evas. E started right up. Am I misunderstanding
something?