On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Dennis Heuer <dh-mailingli...@online.de>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I couldn't find an efm binary or another way to start efm from shell or
> > with a starter. Also, the efm windows are not recognized by xsm, the X
> > Session Manager, even with smproxy running. As far as I understand it,
> > efm isn't an own process a session manager could track. This makes
> > preserving 'views' for a continued session impossible.
>
> Efm is an internal window as it's an internal feature of E17. I don't
> think, we have yet a way to ask E17 to open an EFM remotely. But this
> could be added easily to the d-bus binding.

enlightenment_remote -efm-open-dir ~/

>  As for preserving views, it should really be something that E17
> should do by itself. It already know everything about all it's
> internal window and is tracking all open window. A part of this, is
> almost already present as it is able to reopen internal window on
> restart. Just need to save this information and be able to reopen it
> later safely. Eet should make that easy, but that's work to do, and
> not on our priority list as far as I know.

what are you talking about? We already remember window position,
scroll, view mode (list/grid), icon size and all, per folder. We also
restore all efm windows when we restart e17 (change themes, or it
crashes).

What's missing? E was never meant to cooperate with things like xsm...
likely it will not. Just use E17 and forget about that thing.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems