>>> I?m a new user in E17 alpha4 , it's amazing how it works but I have no
>>> wifi connection and tells me econnman Module missing.
>>
>> how did you install e17?
>> econnman is an external app, you can find it in /trunk. for it to work it is
>> necessary also to install the following packages, if they're not already
>> present:
>> python-evas
>> python-ecore
>> python-edje
>> python-e_dbus
>> python-elementary
>>
>> however econnman is optional, networking should work even without it.
>>
>> --
>>
>>    Massimo Maiurana               GPG keyID #7044D601
>>
>>    La fede e' credere in cio' che sai non essere vero
>>                      [Mark Twain]
>>
> I did it from installing in opensuse click portal, I added the repositories
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Factory/openSUSE_12.2/
>
> also note that not suspend to ram as it does from kde. Recognizes all
> applications and runs very fast.
>
> Spanish:
> lo hice desde instalar en un click del portal de opensuse, me agreg?
> los repositorios
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Factory/openSUSE_12.2/
>
> note tambien que no suspende a ram como lo hace desde kde. Reconoci?
> todas las aplicaciones y corre muy rapido.
>
> --
> El que pregunta aprende, y el que contesta aprende a responder.
>
> No a la obsolecencia programada:
> http://dimensionargentina.blogspot.com/2011/01/todo-esta-disenado-para-romperse.html
>
> Linux User #495070
> http://domonetic.com/blog

I can answer this one, the problem is not econnman but connman itself,
econnman builds and works fine, It's just until now no one has supported
connman on openSUSE we are in the process of testing it and adding it to
the Factory repository, It may need to undergo a security audit, there
is a version in X11:/Enlightenment:/Nightly that i plan to branch and
add a couple of changes to and will keep open until it moves into
factory, Having Factory and Nightly enabled at the same time will lead
to Nightmares for you.

For now my recommendation would be to use whatever you were using before
for networking. On some of my machines i use Yast on others i use KDE
network manager. I do have a branch in my home repository currently that
will work but it will be moved tomorrow also note you will need to
enable connman manually with systemctl If you do use it.

Cheers,

Simon