It would appear that on Dec 2, Tomas Cech did say:

> I just tested it on my openSUSE 12.2 (Nightly repo) and I've created
> desktop file for shell script. It appeared in personal application
> launcher list.

I hadn't mentioned my other OpenSuSE (on my laptop) because last time I'd
updated it was before the factory repo came out {at that time I didn't
need the alpha 3 compatible widget module on it} I'd been too busy with the new
install on my desktop with the factory repo and the SnowLinux on my laptop to
get around to it... until now!

> I'm not sure, where it should appear further (if I should find this
> application launcher in menu), but it is in list in configuration and
> everything is aware of that too.

Well one obvious place is the available application list in the Startup
Applications settings component. I've noticed that in the e17 installations
where the personal launcher component fails to list them, the Startup apps
component lists absolutely nothing under the applications tab, though there
are about a half dozen items under the System tab...

> Could you please try also Nightly repo? If it works, it may be some
> fix which is in trunk, but not in 1.7 tree.

I just booted the opensuse that's using the nightly repo, ran zypper up
and checked the personal application launcher & startup apps app lists...

And as you suspected, it works just fine there...

So I take it that the opensuse nightly repo and bodhi both actually use
trunk, and that SnowLinux and opensuse's factory repo use the 1.7 tree???

--
JtWdyP