That was the trick. efreet_language_get() calls efreet_parse_locale(),
which looks to three possible environmental variables: LANG, LC_ALL and
LC_MESSAGES. None of those were set in my environment, which caused all
sorts of problems.

Once I set one of them, e started up properly. Which is a relief -- kde
just doesn't work as well for me.

Thanks,
Mik

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Jose Souza <zehortig...@profusion.mobi>wrote:

> Its seen that efreet_language_get() in efreet_cache_init() is returning
> NULL...
>
> On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM, mik firestone <mikf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > CTION__ = "_edbus_message_arguments_vset"
> > #9  0xb7186732 in _edbus_proxy_vcall (prox

In a world of ninja v. pirate, I pilot a Gundam