On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 03:46:22 +0530 Arvind R <arvin...@gmail.com> said:
>
> if you are building packages.. use 1.7.x release.. at least use our release
> BRANCHES in svn - using efl svn means u get whatever development state has now
> - which is for us devs to mess with, and not for consumption or release. use
> our releases please! :)

Arvind, if you would like to help out with packaging, it should be
somewhat straightforward to alter the script and specs I'm using to
build for debian as well as ubuntu:
http://git.profusion.mobi/cgit.cgi/lfelipe/e-release/

Tomorrow I'll sync the repository with the latest changes (I've added
a couple of stuff there since the initial commit).

Feel free to ping us on the enlightenment-release mailing list in
order to both ask for and to provide help with packaging for Debian :)

Best regards,
Luis Felipe

>> Hi,
>>
>> Been regularly packaging and updating E17 on Debian Testing (wheezy)
>> x86_64 system for the last fortnight. Was looking at the scrolling
>> bright text in enlightenment->about window and thinking I should go to
>> bed 'cause I was having a vision hangover till I suddenly realised The
>> Team scrolling by! Great work! And Terminology is great (pun
>> intended).
>>
>> I have two problems:
>> 1. Debian installs a debian-menu.menu link in /etc/xdg/menus; and the
>> E17 package installs enlightenment.menu there. If I select in
>> Settings->All->menu->applications the enlightenment entry and restart
>> E17 (have to, for it to take effect), E17 restarts everytime on
>> mouse-over Applications-><2nd Entry or other>.  If the setting is for
>> Debian menus, everything is fine.
>>
>> 2. Building EFL, I have to patch configure.ac to disable check as it
>> fails - now on svn81294. There were a lot of failures last week on EO,
>> but now EVAS has 2 failures.
>> EO checks snipped
>> Hi Print (null)
>> 100%: Checks: 18, Failures: 0, Errors: 0
>> Running suite(s): Evas
>> 92%: Checks: 25, Failures: 2, Errors: 0
>> tests/evas/evas_test_textblock.c:1280:F:Object
>> Textblock:evas_textblock_wrapping:0: Failure 'w < bw' occured
>> tests/evas/evas_test_text.c:281:F:Object Text:evas_text_set_get:0:
>> Failure 'evas_object_text_direction_get(to) !=
>> EVAS_BIDI_DIRECTION_NEUTRAL' occured
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Arvind