On Saturday, December 22, 2012, maderios wrote:

> On 12/22/2012 09:00 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> > Huh?
> >
> > Didn't you say you cannot turn off your screen? What am I missing?
>
> I said precedently (toooooo many times here perhaps......)
> " I never disable screen blanking because blanking preserve screen life"
> and
> I want only blank screen and not a dpms action which turns power off.
> With other WM and before with e17, you could  choose : only blank screen
> or blank screen + dpms

Do you have data on blanking power consumption? I always heard that it
saves nothing, but maybe your monitor is different in that regard as well?

Anyway, did you try to turn xorg.conf dpms off? Does it interfere with
blanking?

> > Anyway, you mail subject is quite alarming and have nothing to do with
> > reality. Graphics work doesn't imply your super-weird monitor and that's
> > setting anyways. Then I wonder why writing such a thing?
>
> I talk here about my work, images creating and editing. It's not a weird
> (!!!) activity which needs weird hardware/monitor. The colour
> temperature of screens, lights, films, sky, the colors, etc, is a common
> and very well known subject by people working with cameras, pictures,
> digitally or not.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

I know the activity is not weird, but your are the first person I know that
does that on Linux and with a monitor that takes half an hour to stabilize.
:-)

> for
> >>
> >> I never disable screen blanking because blanking preserve screen life.

> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=50CB3434.4020901%40gmail.com&forum_name=enlightenment-users
> >> etc.. :
> Eizo

> >> --
> >> Maderios
> >> "Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."
> >> "L'art est fait pour troubler. La science rassure" (Georges Braque)

> Maderios
> "Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."
> "L'art est fait pour troubler. La science rassure" (Georges Braque)

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
MSN: barbi...@gmail.com
Skype: gsbarbieri