On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Arvind R <arvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> fix eina_prefix_new to return correct paths. Checks if locale dir is
>> given else ignore
>> locale paths. If common prefix_path found, add the correct postfix
>> instead of hard-coded
>> ones.
>> This solves the problem of emotion_generic being unable to find
>> em_generic_vlc even
>> in the case of common prefixes and in installed locations - the most
>> common case, when
>> paths such as multiarch installs install to.
>
> I'll not apply this one as the code in svn/efl should get it right.
> And the LOCALE_DIR is required, if not to be used just give any of the
> other paths (usually DATA_DIR).
>
> as for the prefix, I'm still unable to reproduce it. At least with
> recent svn/trunk it will do:
>
> --prefix=/usr
> --libdir=/usr/lib/myarch
> --bindir=/usr/bin
>
> that will generate:
> common prefix=/usr
> relative libdir = lib/myarch
> relative bindir = bin
>
> as the emotion modules are installed as:
> /usr/lib/myarch/emotion/modules/xine/myarch-eflversion/module.so
>
> searching using eina arch functions from inside
> /usr/lib/myarch/emotion/modules will find it.

Pls. see if em_generic.so can find em_generic_vlc - this is what
cannot be found.
Unfortunately, trunk has omitted em_generic_vlc in the consolidated
efl. And installing efl-svn82736 breaks e17, both e17-svn82296 and
e17-82736 - stops at displaying empty background - no crash, no
messages.