On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:11:28 +0900 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> said:

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> platform.

> >> you
> >> decides
> >> >

> >> What does this mean exactly? (considering Seoz's remarks about core EFL
> >> being present and some EFL apps preinstalled and whatnot)
> >>

> > I guess raster tried to say "Tizen IDE".
>
> As far as I know, Samsung position about EFL is that it is for OEM
> only. Third party developers are not supported. Samsung does use EFL
> for many core application in Tizen, does acknowledge that publicly and
> sponsor many contributors to improve it, but there is no guaranty that
> it will continue to be in Tizen. Samsung does not commit itself to do
> so.
>
> Tizen has only one supported public native API that is supported: OSP
> also known as Bada. You can review it here, if you are interested :
> https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.native.appprogramming%2Fhtml%2Fcover_page.htm
> . Be careful if you want to do any Free Software development, you need
> to understand correctly the Flora license :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flora_License .
>
> All feedback are welcome,

but as it's for low level oem stuff only - it means tizen 3.0 or 4.0 or
whatever may just remove the support as it is expected oems adapt code as
needed per tizen version, but 3rd party developers get continued support. thus
if you use it as a 3rd party, you may have efl removed tomorrow, next year or
never. you have no guarantee. if you wish to distribute your apps via something
like an appstore, your app may or may not be distributed as it doesn't follow
the supported apis for 3rd parties. there is no policy on this currently.