On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 2013 01:35:47 +0800 hYde <hyde....@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > After your detailed explanation, I guess Enlightenment is just what I
> need.
> > In BIOS environment we have jpg, bmp and png decoder lib already, and
> > picture format we use is just these, so I think I could strip these out.
> We
> > only need one font, and I've developed a freetype font library, so this
> one
> > I think is good to go already.
> >
> > In our file system we use LZMA to do the compressing, size doesn't matter
> > when we deploy the lib into memory, so I meant code size is when the lib
> is
> > in the ROM part. In fact as long as the "self awareness" feature of this
> UI
> > system doesn't go away after size reducing, it is always worth porting
> on a
> > BIOS environment, no matter how hard the process goes IMO. Some modern
> day
> > computers doesn't limited its code size, some already has their BIOS in
> > about 20~200MB flash memory, but 8MB is main stream, I will still
> sticking
> > to this particular size as a base.
> >
> > When I completed porting, is it okay to do the feedback the files and
> > configs to you? Sticking as a branch of the officials might be good and
> > will get most users have their BIOS decorated.
>
> actually i don't think we want a branch. we're happy to work with you and
> make
> what you need a profile. right now basically we have a full "bloated"
> profile.
> you want something much more stripped down. you MAY also want to use ecore,
> ecore_fb and ecore_evas too to save dealing with mainloops, the fb device
> handling, input (kbd/mouse etc.) (well this is linux kernel fbcon etc.) -
> but
> this will add more to what i quoted above, but won't double it. another few
> hundred kb, but now your mainloop and input infra is done too. if you don't
> need png then of course that saves a little bit too (and eet itself handles
> lossless images with alpha as well as lossy, tho eet does still need zlib
> and
> libjpeg).

it's not a profile, similar to PSL1GHT it's a new platform. Platforms can
selectively enable/disable stuff, as done already.

i think the best thing you can do is go through some iterating of modifying
> configure.ac and turning off what you don't need and making it a profile,
> then
> feeding that back to us and so on - we can advise you on the next step
> etc. and
> pretty much end up with a lean result and it'll then become probably a few
> simple configure options and then some post-install script that maybe
> strips
> out a few extra build outputs like .la files, includes and other things you
> wont need at runtime.

yes, except ignore it as a profile and make it a platform. EFI != WindowsXP
or other stuff compile from mingw.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems