On 12/06/13 12:25, Iván Briano wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Kevin Martin <ktm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Right.  I git'd :) the efl and other stuff as it seemed the tarballs
>>> weren't building correctly.  Now that I've got everything else
>>> cleaned up I'll go back to trying to get the tarballs working.
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>>
>> Ok, so I cleaned up everything I had already done and started building
>> everything that I downloaded from enlightenment.org, that being:
>>
>> efl-1.8.1
>> elementary-1.8.0
>> emotion_generic_players-1.8.0
>> enlightenment-0.17.5
>> evas_generic_loaders-1.8.0
>> expedite-1.7.9
>> exquisite-1.0.0
>>
>> In this order:
>>
>> efl-1.8.1
>> evas_generic_loaders-1.8.0
>> emotion_generic_players-1.8.0
>> elementary-1.8.0
>> enlightenment-0.17.5
>> expedite-1.7.9
>> exquisite-1.0.0
>>
>> everything builds except enlightenment and I get this error when I do the
>> configure:
>>
>> checking for E_THUMB... yes
>> checking for E_GRABBER... yes
>> configure: WARNING: EFM requirements : ecore >= 1.7.9 ecore-file >= 1.7.9
>> ecore-ipc >= 1.7.9 eet >= 1.7.9 efreet >= 1.7.9 edbus >=
>> 1.7.9 eina >= 1.7.9  dbus-1
>> checking for E_FM... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (ecore >= 1.7.9 ecore-file >= 1.7.9
>> ecore-ipc >= 1.7.9 eet >= 1.7.9 efreet >= 1.7.9 edbus >=
>> 1.7.9 eina >= 1.7.9  dbus-1  ) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'edbus' found
>>
>> This is what's in my pkgconfig directory after building everything else:
>>
>> ecore-audio.pc     ecore-input-evas.pc  eet.pc           eio.pc
>> ephysics.pc              evas.pc
>> ecore-con.pc       ecore-input.pc       eeze.pc          eldbus.pc
>> ethumb.pc
>> ecore-evas.pc      ecore-ipc.pc         efreet-mime.pc   elementary.pc
>> ethumb_client.pc
>> ecore-file.pc      ecore-x.pc           efreet-trash.pc  embryo.pc
>> evas-opengl-x11.pc
>> ecore-imf-evas.pc  ecore.pc             efreet.pc        emotion.pc
>> evas-software-buffer.pc
>> ecore-imf.pc       edje.pc              eina.pc          eo.pc
>> evas-software-x11.pc
>>
>> So no edbus and no dbus-1 pc files.  Where should the edbus.pc file come
>> from if not from enlightenment?
>>

> Eldbus, from EFL, installs eldbus.pc which is there, but E17 still
> requires the old e_dbus from legacy.
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Kevin

Yea, the problem being that what's on the enlightenment.org download page is a
mix of new 1.8 and old 1.17 stuff that's apparently
incompatible.  I built all of the 1.8x stuff on the download page and ended up
git'ing the 1.8 version of enlightenment and building
that so I could finally get a "good" build.  BLEAH!!!

Kevin