There is if someone requests it and it's not too bothersome to support.

I'm going through everything now to see if something is broken with Python
2.6. Tests definitely require at least version 2.7. Examples seem to be in
pretty good shape. There was one incompatible API method we added in 1.8
bindings that I've now disabled, it was untested and has functionality
that's also provided elsewhere. Can be added back if we can figure out how
to do conditional compilation using Python version.

Will push this to master and python-efl-1.8 branches soon.