In the year 2014, of the month of May, on the 7th day, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> > > i use capslock as multi.... settings in e kbd settings deep down
> >
> > "Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to do with out it" ;)
> >
> > Yes, I can change if this bug is unfixable, but I kind of have been
> > using the same keybindings on linux for 20 years now. Somehow I hope
> > you'll understand if I'd rather that e18 fixes this regression :)
> >
> > Would you be able to look into it?
>
> Ping?
>
> Mes parents et mes amis se pleignent que mon francais n'a plus d'accents
> et qu'il est plus dur a lire :)
>
> (for the non french speakers, having lost multi where I need it to be
> has been handicaping).
>
> Can this be fixed in e18, worked around without me changing keys, or do
> I need to revert to e17?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

 I had a little look at the enlightenment source code to try and figure this
out, half as an excuse to start learning about the code for enlightenment.

 I traced the problem down as far as the e_bindings_mouse_button_find
function.  Normally, the left Alt key returns a modifier value of 4 (Alt).
When the right Alt key is set to Mode_switch, the left Alt key returns a
modifier value of 20 (Alt+AltGr).  Hence it doesn't match the configured
binding parameters for windows resizing, and you get no action.

 Further than that, the problem seems to reside in evas or ecore_input_evas .
If I get some spare time in the next few days, I'll try prying into the
source code for those libs to see if I can uncover anything interesting
there.

 Cheers,
 dave.k