Fully intending to kick Windows off of my PC, I have been looking at a few
Linux distros recently. Bodhi is one and it, of course, uses Enlightenment as
it's window manager.

Running the OS - both versions 2.4 (E17) and 3.0rc1 (E19) - from live CD's I
have found it impossible to change the name of a directory; this seems to hold
whether I create the directory myself or attempt to alter the name of an
existing one.

Does anyone know of a cause or reason for this? Could it be the fact I am
running from Live CD's? Might it be a permissions problem? Or maybe something
else.

Thanks in advance.