On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 15:05:02 +0200 Páder Rezső <re...@rezso.net> said:

> I tried to compile the latest releases.
> - xprint is optional in efl, but the configure *requires* it.
> - I can build efl and elementary without X, but elementary *requires* it.
> This is very weird...

nope. download page on e.org says its on the list of recommended requrements
along with everything else. if efl configure is failing on a req.. it's giving
you a very strong hint. yes - xprint may sound archaic, but we require it to
avoid major errors if someone enables xprint. you NEED to be xprint aware as a
wm/compositor to avoid managing the xprint screen.

and in elementary

./configure --disable-ecore-x

works for me. right here. build elm just fine.